Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Asian-Influenced Pork Loin

My family loves pork tenderloin. but so many times it ends up drier than I like inside.  They don't complain, but I just am not pleased. This recipe, that I found on Taste of Home website, turned out so juicy and tender with  tender and juicy. As usual, I tweaked the recipe to suit what I have on-hand. 




Asian-Inspired Pork Tenderloin


Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour  Makes:  8-10 servings


Ingredients:

1 boneless whole pork tenderloin (3-4 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup ketchup (I used homemade - recipe below)
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1- 1/2 teaspoons Chinese-style mustard
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon sweet & spicy Saigon seasoning

Directions:

1. Sprinkle pork roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 oven° for  50 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring often. 
3. Brush sauce over pork. Bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until thermometer reads 145°.  Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. 



Homemade Ketchup
1 cup tomato sauce (I was out, so I made some from scratch) 
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch ground cloves

Directions:
Mix all ingredients until well combined.


Tomato Sauce Sustitute
1 part tomato paste
1 part water

Directions:
Mix well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . If you found a way to make these recipes even better, please share your ideas with us.