Monday, June 8, 2015

Chicken in Sour Cream, and Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup

I have to admit that my favourite piece of chicken is the thigh. It has so much more flavour than the breast. And lots more meat than the drumstick.  I love using the Man-Pleasing Chicken recipe, but variety is good too. I found an interesting recipe over at AllRecipes and decided to tweak it a little bit.  First of all, I have no Cream of Mushroom Soup and couldn't find a substitute recipe. So I came up with this one that was a complete hit, except for the mushroom haters. Ken has Type 2 Diabetes so I have to use healthy whenever possible. 

Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
Melt butter (I used unsalted) 
Add chopped mushrooms and saute until slightly brown
Add chopped garlic, flour, 1 cup milk
Heat to a nice roux.


Chicken in Sour Cream
Original recipe makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
8 chicken thighs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 pinch salt
1 pinch paprika
Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 cup sour cream (I used light)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dill weed

Directions:
Place chicken in a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
Combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix, sour cream, lemon juice, and dill weed. Pour over chicken.
Bake at 400 degrees F (175 degrees C) for one hour, or until chicken is tender and sauce is brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . If you found a way to make these recipes even better, please share your ideas with us.